Caramelized Onions, Eggplant, Shrimp and Goat Cheese Pizza (serves 4)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3oz thinly sliced red onions
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 6 thin slices eggplant
- 1 med tomato thinly sliced
- ½ lb shrimp (about 24 shrimps)
- ½ tsp garlic finely chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 pkg pizza dough (I recommend Trader Joe’s Herb Dough)
- ¼ lb goat cheese
- 5 fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil to medium in a large skillet. Add onions and sauté until lightly browned, about 5mins; add sugar and stir till caramelized. Remove from skillet, let cool slightly and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet, add eggplant slices and cook on both sides till golden, remove from skillet, let cool slightly and set aside.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining tbsp of olive oil; add garlic and stir till golden, add shrimp, salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 2 minutes, remove from skillet, let cool slightly and set aside.
- Roll pizza dough into desired shape and place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Sprinkle onions over pizza dough, top with eggplant and tomato.
shrimp and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
9. Remove, garnish with basil (optional), slice and serve.