- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for the dish
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon fig or pomegranate balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spread macadamia nuts on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 to 8 minutes, until fragrant and lightly browned. Remove from oven, cool and chop. Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- Oil a baking dish. Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise into wedges and toss them in the baking dish with a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- When potatoes are done, remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Whisk together remaining oil with vinegar, maple syrup and mustard. Drizzle over sweet potatoes and garnish with toasted macadamia nuts.