- 4 1/2 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Caster Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1 Tsp Ground Ginger
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate Chips
- Large Handful of Macademia Nuts
- Large Handful of Hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 and line 2 baking trays with parchment paper, set aside until required.
- In a large bowl, sieve flour, baking soda, baking powder and ground ginger. Using a stand mixer, creamed softened butter and two sugars together until light and fluffy. In a small bowl beat the 2 eggs and add to the butter/sugar mix, beat for a second or so and then spoon in the dry ingredients, in a few batches using a large spoon. Mix until well combined then add the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Place in heaped desert spoon-fulls (or use and ice cream scoop) of the mixture on the baking trays, allow room for spreading and bake for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on tray and store in airtight container
I latter found out that the genius behind the beautiful pictures and recipe was from What Kate Ate, one of my favorite food blogs!